Now Hiring: Digital Media Intern
/ July 31, 2019
Digital Media Intern
Location: NYC strongly preferred
Commitment: 20 hours per week
Compensation: $15 per hour
Pillars invests in opportunities to elevate and amplify the leadership, narratives and talents of American Muslims. Since its founding in 2010, Pillars has invested over $3 million in strengthening American Muslim communities through initiatives that promote rights, wellness, and understanding. At the heart of Pillars is a network of American Muslim donors from across the United States who believe in the power of collaborative giving. Learn more about Pillars and its programs at pillarsfund.org.
The Digital Media Intern will assist in expanding Pillars’ online community and impact. Under the supervision of the Senior Digital Media Strategist and Digital Media Coordinator, the intern will maintain Pillars’ presence on various social media platforms.
Major responsibilities include:
- Posting on Pillars’ platforms regularly with timely, engaging content that reflects the tone and goals of the organization
- Writing posts that are accurate, clear, concise, and tonally appropriate
- Researching, drafting, and sourcing pertinent information for Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram posts
- Staying on top of the daily news cycle and American Muslim issues to make sure Pillars’ posts are relevant and fresh across all social media platforms
Requirements and Qualifications
Pillars seeks candidates who are highly organized, detail-oriented, and strong communicators who can work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent editing skills
- A strong familiarity with the conversation around American Muslims and a passion for social justice issues
- Working knowledge of media coverage on American Muslims, from mainstream to alternative media
- In-depth knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Experience with social media analytics
- Knowledge of Photoshop or Illustrator preferred
If interested, please email a brief message explaining your interest along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Digital Media Intern” in the subject line.