We’re Hiring: Program Associate
/ July 15, 2022
Pillars Fund is a national nonprofit organization that amplifies the leadership, narratives, and talents of Muslims in the United States to advance opportunity and justice for all. Since our founding in 2010, Pillars has distributed more than $7 million in grants to Muslim organizations and leaders who advance social good. We invest in community-focused initiatives, push back against harmful narratives, uplift Muslim stories, and organize Muslim donors to give together strategically.
About Catalyze Fund
The Pillars Catalyze Fund supports a vibrant, multidisciplinary network of Muslim-led and focused nonprofit organizations that advance social good. The Catalyze Fund hosts an annual grant cycle seeking organizations that boldly reimagine public safety, promote mental health and wellness, and build civic power in Muslim communities. In 2022, Catalyze Fund supported 32 grantees across the country through single year and multi-year awards.
Pillars Fund seeks an exceptional Program Associate to provide critical management support for our expanding Catalyze Fund. This person is responsible for executing the administrative tasks of our grant program and coordinating aspects of our Catalyze Fund programming. This is an opportunity to gain unique insights into the nonprofit and philanthropic sector and to work alongside a supportive and high-energy team. The Program Associate works closely with other members of our highly collaborative team and reports to the Catalyze Fund Program Director.
- Administer the Call for Ideas process for new Catalyze Fund applicants
- Track, maintain, and analyze information about each new application and award and ensure that they are progressing in a timely manner
- Provide technical assistance to applicants, grantee partners, and fellows throughout the grant partnership
- Draft and/or edit correspondence with applicants, grantee partners, and fellows
- Support the process of awarding funding once grants have been approved, including preparing, sending, and tracking agreements
- Analyze and create periodic reports and presentations that summarize common themes across award portfolios to advance team learning, strategy refinement, and effective grantee/awardee support
Catalyze Fund Programs
- Deliver capacity building support for grantee partners, in coordination with Program Director
- Execute and arrange logistics for Catalyze Fund programs, including funder briefings, speaking engagements, community convenings, and other events
- Coordinate and participate in grantee check-ins and site visits
- Advise and support the communications team on grantee-related content development
- Research and stay on top of strategies, evolving issue areas, and philanthropic practices related to our grantee-partners, our three focus areas, and grantmaking
Catalyze Fund Administration
- Maintain contact information and provide scheduling support for the Catalyze Fund team
- Draft and maintain weekly agendas, preparation documents, and supplemental materials for Catalyze Fund team
- Prepare materials for distribution and coordinate correspondence with key stakeholders, including grantee partners, Board of Directors, Trustees, institutional funders, and individual donors
- Serve as back-up to Program Managers and other staff, as needed, and attend relevant meetings/conferences to gather information and knowledge to advance the work of the programs teams
Attributes of the Program Associate
- Embodiment of Pillars’ values and commitment to amplifying the leadership and voices of Muslims in the United States
- Familiarity with and enthusiasm about Muslim communities in the United States and the issues that impact us across multiple identities
- Ability and willingness to effectively apply a social justice framework at every stage of planning and execution
- Exceptional attentiveness to detail and organization and ability to solve problems
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to effectively summarize and explain situations
- Exceptional writing and editing skills and ability to clearly synthesize concepts for multiple audiences
- Strong proficiency with data collection, review, analysis, and reporting
- Strong proficiency with the use of software platforms and high degree of comfort with multiple technology applications, including Google Suite and basic databases, and ability to swiftly learn other systems, including
- Submittable and Salesforce
- Excellent time management and project management skills, including an ability to take direction from multiple people while managing competing priorities, to work independently, and to set and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to demonstrate discretion, empathy, cultural competency, and joy to effectively relate to and work with diverse partners and stakeholders
Compensation and Benefits
The Pillars Fund offers a competitive total compensation package including health, employer-subsidized dental and vision, basic life insurance, short- and long-term disability, parental leave, and generous time off. Pillars believes in investing in talent and providing opportunities for professional growth. We offer professional development such as training, conferences, and other opportunities to grow one’s leadership.
The salary for this role is $60,000.
This is a full-time, U.S.-based remote position. Pillars has a physical office in Chicago, where most of the team is based, and staff have the option to work from the office if desired. This role includes some travel if based in Chicago; more if remote to account for travel to Chicago. This includes some travel and attendance at events on nights and weekends.
To Be Considered
Pillars is committed to building an organization that actively pursues equity and fosters an environment of inclusion. Pillars Fund embraces diversity across multiple dimensions and does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, socioeconomic background, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, family responsibilities, or any other protected characteristic as established under law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Pillars will make reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities, in our hiring process and for our team. Please let us know at any stage of the process if you need any accommodations to fully participate. Some examples include, but are not limited to:
- Providing written materials in different formats
- Modifying application/assessment exercises
- Adjusting the interview format (in most cases, interviews take place via Zoom)
- Providing qualified readers or interpreters
Those wishing to be considered should submit a cover letter, résumé or CV, and writing sample or project management sample to this form. If available, please submit up to three examples of additional relevant published work or project management for review. In your cover letter, please explain why you are interested in this role and how your experience and skills are relevant to the responsibilities and attributes outlined above.
Pillars will keep all inquiries and submissions confidential. Candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply by August 1, 2022, for priority consideration.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.