The Call for Ideas for our 2023 Catalyze Fund grants closed on September 1, 2022.
Pillars invests in a vibrant network of nonprofit organizations working in or closely alongside Muslim communities in the United States. Our Catalyze Fund grants support work across three focus areas: reimagining public safety, promoting mental health and wellness, and building civic power.
- Reimagining public safety – Work that strives to end the unjust criminalization of Muslim communities. This includes issues like mass surveillance, racial and religious profiling, immigrant detention and deportation, prisoners’ rights, and money bail.
- Promoting mental health and wellness – Work to build mental healthcare systems that better serve Muslim communities and to reimagine what healing for Muslims can look like. This does not include direct service (health clinics, therapy groups, etc.), but instead focuses on initiatives conducting research, awareness, education, and coalition-building.
- Building civic power – Work that supports Muslim leaders who are organizing communities, creating relevant civic media, training potential political candidates, mobilizing voters, and ultimately transforming our democracy to one that serves us all.
The Catalyze Fund Call for Ideas closed on September 1, 2022. We look forward to seeing you in next year’s applications! Sign up for our newsletter to be one of the first to know about our latest updates.
Selection Process Timeline
- Call for Ideas – The Catalyze Fund Call for Ideas will be open from July 14, 2022 to September 1, 2022 at 12:00 p.m. (noon) CT. Ideas submitted during this time will be reviewed and evaluated by Pillars staff and a panel of community reviewers.
- Full Proposals – On September 29, 2022, the team will invite a select group of new applicants to submit a more extensive full proposal due November 10, 2022.
- Decisions and Awards – After reviewing full proposals, grant decisions and awards will be dispersed in February 2023.
To learn more about Catalyze Fund eligibility, selection process, awards, or if you have technical questions, check out our FAQ page.